Course responsible:Tore Krogstad
Campus / Online:Taught campus Ås
Limits of class size:16. Check "Note".
Course frequency:Odd years from 2023. Next time will be 2025.
Nominal workload:Estimated workload 125 hours
Teaching and exam period:This course starts in January block. This course has teaching/evaluation in January block.
About this course
Knowledge Explain the main crop fertilization need.
Explain the processes and models underlying the calculations behind fertilization plans.
To assess the needs for nutrition with different fertilizer and lime kind on the basis of growth, natural conditions and soil analyzes.
Skills Could make fertilization plans both manually and using computer programs.
General competence Argue for the importance of fertilization planning both related to plant growth and the environment
- The course is given by lectures, exercises in manual fertilization planning and fertilization planning with the use of the computer program Skifteplan and if possible other new programs.
- Organized teaching (lectures and exercises) are planned mainly in the timing 9-15. Individual exercises beyond this time supported by the teacher is available for questions and guidance during normal working hours.
- JORD230 Soil as plant growth medium.
- JORD212 Soil Analysis.
Obligatory exercises and class discussion counts 40%. Term paper counts 60%. Both parts need to be passed.
Grading scale: Pass / Not pass.
- External sensor is used for approval of course plans. Evaluation of exercises and group reports is done by teacher.
- Exercise on fertilizer planning and discussion/lectures.
- Students who want to take the course must apply for admission in Studentweb no later than December 1st. After that, the places in the course will be distributed.
- Approximately 20 hours of lectures, ca. 20 h exercises, about 10 t presentations of practice work.
- There is no overlap with other courses at NMBU.
- Passed / Not Passed
- Minimum requirements for entrance to higher education in Norway (generell studiekompetanse).