Course responsible:Øystein Ahlstrøm
Campus / Online:Taught campus Ås
Limits of class size:Minimum 10 students. If there are fewer than 10 students, it can be considered whether the course should be offered with alternative learning methods.
Nominal workload:250 hours.
Teaching and exam period:This course starts in spring parallel. This course has teaching/evaluation in spring parallel.
About this course
- Plan and supervise formulation and processing of feeds for monogastric animals and ruminants based on key nutritional, physiological and legal criteria
- Define and instruct optimal processing regime for feeds to animals that are produced for other purposes than food, such as companion animals and horses
- The course will be based on a number of key lectures concerning digestive physiology and nutrient requirement in different species, which will be reflected and supported by the choice of ingerdients feed additives and processing method for each species. Students will make a presentation based on these topics for one species/production, and take part in practical exercises in a feed factory.
- HFE200 General Nutrition
- HFE200 General Nutrition and HFE305 Feed Manufacturing Technology
- Oral examination.
- External examiner, together with course responsible, will grade examination.
- Two mandatory exercises with a presentation.
- 5 credits reduction towards HFE308-1.
- Letter grades
- Special requirements in Science