Course responsible:Jagath Sri Lal Senanayaka
Campus / Online:Taught campus Ås
Limits of class size:Maximum 64 persons can have lab in January. See Norwegian text above.
Nominal workload:250 hours
Teaching and exam period: This course starts in autumn parallel. This course has teaching/evaluation in autumn parallel and January-block. See Norwegian text above on possible laboratory course in the June block.
This course starts in autumn parallel. This course has teaching/evaluation in autumn parallel and January-block.
See Norwegian text above on possible laboratory course in the June block.
About this course
- Textbook teaching through lectures in the autumn parallell. Calculation exercises will be given throughout the course. Five Laboratory exercises in the January block with labs on the most important machines and principles being part of the course.
- Canvas. Tutoring by teaching assistants. Meetings with teacher by appointment.
MATH111, MATH112, MATH113, FYS101, FYS102, FYS103,
It is advantageous to have some knowledge of electrical circuits as covered in FYS235 Electronics
- FYS235, FYS236
Written exam. 3.5 hours. A-F. You will find more than 50 exams with detailed example solutions on Canvas.
The exam will take place at the end of January for those who take the laboratory part in the January block. If there must be held laboratory in June, there will also be written exam after the lab period.
- The external and internal examiner jointly prepare the exam questions and the correction manual. The external examiner reviews the internal examiner's examination results by correcting a random sample of candidate's exams as a calibration according to the Department's guidelines for examination markings.
- There will be an admission test for being allowed to attend Labs in the January block. The admission test will be based on the topics covered until one week before the test date. The test will be in week 46 and will last 1 hour and 45 minutes. You must pass the test to participate in the course's laboratory part. You must present a medical certificate if you cannot participate in the tests. You have to participate in a safety demonstration and must, in writing, accept the safety instructions for the laboratory part before you can participate in the laboratory part. All laboratory exercises shall be performed and must, including reports, be approved before you can take the final exam.
Autumn paralell: 2 hours twice a week. Exercises: 4 hours per week. January block: Laboratory assignments, duration 4 - 7 hours each.
Eventually June block: Laboratory assignments, duration 4 - 7 hours each.
1. students who have the course as mandatory in their study plan
2. students on the following study programmes: B-EMF, M-MF, M-MPP, M-IØ, M-RB, M-LUR
3. students with most ECTS credits
It there are not enough slots in group one the students will be ranked by their ECTS credits.
Students taking the course for the first time have lab priority.
- Letter grades
- Special requirements in Science