Course responsible:Egil Prestløkken
Campus / Online:Taught campus Ås
Teaching language:Engelsk, norsk
Course frequency:Annually, in all teaching periods.
Nominal workload: The course can be 5, 10 or 15 ECTS 5 ECTS = 125 hours 10 ECTS = 250 hours 15 ECTS = 375 hours where 2/3 of the time should be in the company and 1/3 of the time should be work on the reflection report (including required readings) and presentation.
The course can be 5, 10 or 15 ECTS
5 ECTS = 125 hours
10 ECTS = 250 hours
15 ECTS = 375 hours
where 2/3 of the time should be in the company and 1/3 of the time should be work on the reflection report (including required readings) and presentation.
Teaching and exam period:This course has teaching/evaluation in August block, Autumn parallel, January block, Spring parallel, and June block in agreement with the course responsible.
About this course
An internship offers you as a student a unique opportunity to gain work experience in a company related to feed manufacturing technology. You can try out theories and methods in practice, and at the same time contribute extra resources and research based knowledge directly from your study. This way, your internship will represent a mutually useful work relationship, full of learning opportunities for both parties.
To be able to enroll in the course the student must:
- find a supervisor at BIOVIT with reflections on field of study and type of company you want to do your internship (contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions)
- fill in internship agreements which includes a project description. The content is agreed upon by supervisor, student and employer, and you are to describe and define the content in a project description.
- make a suggestion for relevant literature related to the internship.
Each student need to fill out a contract between student, company and NMBU. This contract is done together with your supervisor at the department. The department needs to approve this contract before the student can register for the course. Students submit the contract to the study coordinator at BIOVIT. When the contract is approved, the study coordinator will register the student for the course. If you have questions please contact email@example.com.
All students must write a reflection report. The report must be submitted by the end of the internship. The reflection report should show ability to reflect, based on learning in practice in close relationship with required and self-chosen literature.
Read more about internship and find the form with the contract here: www.nmbu.no/fakultet/biovit/studenter/node/45010
The learning activities will take place in collaboration with the company, the supervisor(s) at BIOVIT the project description, the reflection report and the presentation of the report.
- Practical work in a company or in public sector
- Search, read and use relevant literature
- Reflection Report
- Presentation of the report
- Guidance from your supervisor at BIOVIT, and mentor in the company
- Relevant background in feed manufactoring technology.
- Reflection report and presentation counts 100%
- The examiner will be involved in the revision and approval of the internship
- Project description, standard agreement, participation in the practical work within the host company, reflection report and presentation.
The size (number of credits) in the internship will be adjusted according to the scope of the internship.
Students needs to find a relevant company themselves, and may contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions, or with proposed internship.
- M-FT, M-HV and M-AA
- Passed / Not Passed
- Reserved for master students in Feed Manufacturing Technology, Animal Science and Aquaculture