Course responsible:Gro Ladegård
Campus / Online:Taught campus Ås
Limits of class size:90
Nominal workload:125 hours: Compulsory participation ca. 40 hours, ca. 85 hours for reading and writing discussion note.
Teaching and exam period:This course starts in the August block period. Teaching/evaluation in the August block period.
About this course
The course includes central themes on leading people and teams. The course starts with exercises in self-reflection and analysis of own leadership attributes and leader role when interacting with others. Methods of learning include lectures, individual and group work, as well as exercises for training skills. The following themes will be addressed: Own leadership qualities and leader role, leadership styles, structures of leadership, ethics and interaction, teams and team leadership, power and influence, change management and communication, and leadership and governance.
The course is relevant for the UN SDG 8: Decent work and economic growth. We will discuss leadership ethics, workplace democracy and involvement as parts of a responsible and safe worklife.
Knowledge: The students will have advanced knowledge on leadership in organizations. This includes the themes leadership behavior, ethics and power.
Skills: The students will have obtained skills in communication and teamwork.
General competence: The students will have general competence in understanding teams and organizations. The students will have tools for self-reflection and feedback processes. The students will have the ability to reflect on ethics in the working life.
- Lectures, group work, cases\work, exercises, presentations, reflection notes.
- Guidance in groups
- Bachelor in Business and Administration or equivalent.
- Oral presentation of group assignment. Pass/fail assessment.
- External censor does quality assurance of the final assignment and assesses the oral presentation.
- Compulsory attendance at all lectures, and participation in group work and written assignments.
8 full days with compulsory attendance.
The course will start Tuesday in week 33.
- Masterstudents in Business and Administration, Entrepreneurship and Innovation, and Bioeconomy
- Passed / Not Passed
- The course is for masterstudents enrolled in Business and Administration, Entrepreneurship and Innovation or Bioeconomy.