VU-INN270F Business analytics II: Analytics and reporting with Power BI
There may be changes to the course due to to corona restrictions. See Canvas and StudentWeb for info.
Showing course contents for the educational year 2021 - 2022 .
Course responsible: Joachim Scholderer
Teachers: Therese Seljevold
ECTS credits: 2
Faculty: Senter for etter- og videreutdanning
Teaching language: NO
Limits of class size:
Teaching exam periods:
This course starts in the Autumn parallel. This course has teaching/evaluation in the Autumn parallel.
Course frequency: Annually
First time: 2020H
The topic of this online course is how to develop modern dashboard solutions that can be used to analyse and report the company's KPIs in real time:
- How to combine different data sources from the company's information systems,
- How to create basic analyses and visualisations in Power BI,
- How to design and implement dynamic dashboards in Power BI,
- How to improve the company's reporting routines with dynamic dashboard solutions.
This course is targeted at private and public companies that want to get started with their digitalisation initiatives, employees who want to upgrade their qualifications, and people currently without employment who want to acquire future-oriented abilities and skills.
- Know basic data analysis and visualisation techniques
- Know the assumptions and data requirements for basic analysis and visualisation techniques
- Be able to perform basic analyses and visualisations in Power BI
- Be able to design and implement dynamic dashboard solutions in Power BI
- Be able to work cross-functionally in business management and IT
- Be able to contribute constructively in digitialisation and process improvement projects
Video lectures, exercises with data and software, independent work on two project assignments
Canvas and project supervision
Helbæk, M. (2020). Power BI: En kort innføring i Power Query, Power BI Desktop og Power BI-tjenesten. Oslo: Universitetsforlaget.Selected journal articles and book chapters
Portfolio assessment, consisting of two project assignments (weight: 50% each): pass/fail
Minimum requirements for entrance to higher education in Norway (generell studiekompetanse)
Reduction of credits:
DAT110 (1 ECTS)
Type of course:
- Video lectures: 5 hours
- Exercises with data and software: 5 hours
- Project assignments: 25 hours
- Self-study/syllabus literature: 15 hours
External examiner will control the quality of syllabus, questions for the examination, and principles for the assessment of the examination answers
Examination details: Portfolio: Passed / Failed