VU-INN260F Business analytics I: Business processes, efficiency measurement and KPIs
There may be changes to the course due to to corona restrictions. See Canvas and StudentWeb for info.
Showing course contents for the educational year 2021 - 2022 .
Course responsible: Joachim Scholderer
Teachers: Therese Seljevold
ECTS credits: 2
Faculty: Senter for etter- og videreutdanning
Teaching language: NO
Limits of class size:
Teaching exam periods:
This course starts in the Autumn parallel. This course has teaching/evaluation in the Autumn parallel.
Course frequency: Annually
First time: 2020H
The topic of this online course is how to move from lean to digitalisation:
- How to map the company's business processes,
- How to measure the efficiency of the processes,
- How to summarise them in KPIs,
- How to find the necessary data in the company's information systems,
- How to automate the company's reporting systems.
This course is targeted at private and public companies that want to get started with their digitalisation initiatives, employees who want to upgrade their qualifications, and people currently without employment who want to acquire future-oriented abilities and skills.
- Know business performance and efficiency concepts
- Understand the strategic importance of early KPI reporting
- Be able to design and implement efficiency measurements for business processes
- Be able to use advanced Excel techniques such as PowerPivot to automate KPI reporting
- Be able to work cross-functionally in business management and IT
- Be able to contribute constructively in digitialisation and process improvement projects
Video lectures, exercises with data and software, independent work on two project assignments
Canvas and project supervision
Olsen, K. A. (2019). God digitalisering. Oslo: Cappelen Damm.Selected journal articles and book chapters
Portfolio assessment, consisting of two project assignments (weight: 50% each): pass/fail.
Minimum requirements for entrance to higher education in Norway (generell studiekompetanse)
Reduction of credits:
INN350 (1 ECTS)
Type of course:
- Video lectures: 5 hours
- Exercises with data and software: 5 hours
- Project assignments: 25 hours
- Self-study/syllabus literature: 15 hours
External examiner will control the quality of syllabus, questions for the examination, and principles for the assessment of the examination answers
Examination details: Portfolio: Passed / Failed