VET420 Midterm course
Search for other courses here
Select other year
Showing course contents for the educational year 2016 - 2017 .
Course responsible: Andrew Michael Janczak
ECTS credits: 2
Faculty: Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
Teaching language: EN, NO
Limits of class size:
Teaching exam periods:
FALL WEEK 44
SPRING WEEK 11
The course runs over one week, with lectures/ discussions before lunch and work on the presentation/ thesis draft after lunch.
Course frequency: Spring and Fall
First time: Study year 2012-2013
The following topics are presented during the course:
- NMBU procedures linked to submitting and defending thesis
- Writing the PhD thesis
- Supervisor - student relationships.
- Co-authorship, conflicts of interest.
Through the course the students are expected to reach the following platforms:
· Know the system for submitting and defending the thesis
· Know how a PhD thesis is constructed and written
· Be able to write and submit a first draft of the own thesis
- Be able to reflect an discuss important topics related to supervision and scientific publishing
The course is a mix of lectures, discussions, and student presentations
The syllabus is a mainly presentations and web-links given in the course.Some essential books of reference will be suggested during the course
The ph.d. student must have passed the NMBU MidTerm evaluation (VET421)
Attendance is compulsory. An attendance record of at least 75% is required to pass this course.
The student must give an adequate presentation of the PhD project, and submit a first draft of the thesis the last day of the course.
Type of course:
Deadline for registration spring: week 5
Deadline for registration fall: week 38
Examination details: Midterm course: