VET403 Scientific publication
Search for other courses here
Select other year
Showing course contents for the educational year 2016 - 2017 .
Course responsible: Stig Einride Larsen
ECTS credits: 1
Faculty: Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
Teaching language: EN, NO
Limits of class size:
Teaching exam periods:
Fall week 41/42
Course frequency: Annually
First time: Study year 2016-2017
- Different structure of scientific papers with highlighting of Vancouver
- Abstract outlay and construction
- Structure of Introduction
- Hypotheses and Aims
- Material and Methods
- Results; Tables and figures
- Structure of Discussion
- Evaluate publication of other
- Write manuscript based on own study and results
Lectures and evaluation of relevant publication within own field.
- Larsen S. Scientific writing. Course notes for the postgraduate course in research methodology at the Norwegian School of Veterinary Science 20011
- Greenhalgh T. How to read a paper. The basic of evidence-based medicine. Wiley Blackwell 2014
- Hall GM. How to write a paper. Wiley Blackwell BMJ- books. 2013
A minimal background in biostatistics (for instance VET410) is required. Some experience with clinical trials is also necessary.
Attendance is compulsory. An attendence record of at least 75% is required to pass the course.
Evaluation of an unknown publication in the field of Veterinary Science. Oral presentation and exam (45 minutes)
Open to Ph.D studens at NMBU - Campus Adamstuen.
Type of course:
3 long days (10 hours)
Deadline for registration: week 29
Course fee: 6500 NOK
Examination details: Oral presentation: