PPRA201 Teaching Practice
Check for course changes due to the coronavirus outbreak on Canvas and StudentWeb.
Showing course contents for the educational year starting in 2017 .
Course responsible: Bente Klevenberg, Nina Elisabeth Arnesen
Teachers: Hans Erik Lefdal, Solveig Strangstadstuen, Margrethe Naalsund
ECTS credits: 0
Faculty: Faculty of Science and Technology
Teaching language: NO
Limits of class size:
Teaching exam periods:
This course starts in August block. This course has teaching/evaluation in August block, Autumn parallel, January block, Spring parallel, June block. See detailed plan for the course in Canvas.
Course frequency: Annually
First time: 2004H
The course consists of 10 - 15 days with supervised teaching practice. During these weeks, the students shall plan, execute and evaluate their teaching practice in cooperation with the supervisors.
Supervised teaching practice can only take place at institutions qualified for LUR.
All teaching practice shall be planned and approved. During the practice, the students will be visited by teachers from NMBU. During the visits, the students development as teachers shall be revealed, in addition to mutual information between the school/practice place and NMBU.
A candidate who has completed the education will have achieved the following learning outcomes, defined as general competence, knowledge and skills:
- has thorough subject and pedagogical knowledge aimed at level 8 -13
- is able to plan, implement and evaluate teaching based on research and experienced-based knowledge
- can use a variety of working methods, differentiate and adapt education in accordance with the current curriculum, and create motivating and inclusive learning environments
- can describe features of competence, assess and document students learning, provide formative assessment and contribute to the students reflecting over their own learning
- can communicate pedagogical and subject-/yrkesdidaktiske problems on an easy level
- can build relations to students, parents and other caretakers, and collaborate with colleagues and actors who are relevant for the educational system
- can stimulate reflection and collaboration and the development of teaching and learning in real work situations.
The teacher students shall prepare plan and report for the period in teacher practice and they write plans for each teaching session as basis for supervision. The teacher students also write logs during the course.
The student is supported by the supervisor and by the communication with and visit from the teacher training department.
An overview of course literature will be distributed. The literature shall contain:Guideline and regulations for practical pedagogical education.Curriculum for LUR.Curriculum for primary and secondary school, upper secondary school and adult education.Teaching laws with regulations.Information for the supervisors in school.
A plan for the period of practice, and a report just after the period is finished.The teacher students recommended also to write logs during the course.
Teaching practice lasts for 15 days altogether, as an integrated part of the study. The supervisors/practice school have the main responsibility for evaluating the teaching practice period, while Section for Learning and Teacher Education is responsible for the total final evaluation.
Minimum requirements for entrance to higher education in Norway (generell studiekompetanse)
Type of course:
The course consists of 15 days guided practical training. Time for guidance shall comprise about 1- 2 hours a day.
Examination details: Praksis: Bestått / Ikke bestått