Showing course contents for the educational year 2021 - 2022 .
Course responsible: Hilde Vinje, Åsmund Røhr Kjendseth, Bjørge Westereng, Harald Carlsen, Gustav Vaaje-Kolstad, Morten Sørlie
Teachers: Åsmund Røhr Kjendseth, Bjørge Westereng, Harald Carlsen, Gustav Vaaje-Kolstad
ECTS credits: 10
Faculty: Faculty of Chemistry, Biotechnology and Food Science
Teaching language: EN, NO
Teaching exam periods:
This course has teaching/evaluation in August block, Autumn parallel, January block, Spring parallel, and June block in agreement with the course responsible. First time Autumn parallel 2021.
Course frequency: Annually, in all teaching periods. First time in autumn 2021.
First time: Study year 2021-2022
B-BIOTEK, M-BIOTEK, B-KJEMI, M-KJEMI, M-KB, M-BIAS, B-MAT, M-MATVIT
3rd year bachelor students and master students at KBM
Internship to gain work experience in a company related to your own study and within KBMs reseach. You may try out theories and methods in practice, and at the same time contribute extra resources and research based knowledge directly from your study. In this way, your internship will represent a mutually beneficial work relationship, full of learning opportunities for both parties.
To be able to enroll in the course the student must:
- Establish contact with a relevant company
- Find a supervisor at KBM and suggest what fields of studies and types of companies you want to do your internship at
- Fill in the internship agreement which includes a project description. The content is agreed upon by supervisor, student and employer, and you are to describe and define the content in a project description.
- Write a project plan that includes expectations for the internship (expected learning outcomes) and suggestions for syllabus literature. This must be approved by the supervisor before the stay starts and must be seen in connection with the reflection report afterwards.
The agreement is written together with your supervisors at the faculty and in the company. The faculty needs to approve the agreement before the student can register for the course. When the agreement is approved, the study advisors at KBM will register the student for the course.
All students must write a reflection report, which is presented to a relevant professional environment and examiner by the end of the internship. The reflection report should prove the student's ability to reflect, based on learning in practice in close relationship with required and self-chosen literature.
- Have knowledge on how a company/organization is organized and/or how a research project is carried out.
- Have the ability for reflection and practice-based learning.
- Have practical knowledge of different work techniques or research methods.
- Have knowledge of health, environment and safety.
- Can integrate theory and practice in a real work
- Can compile and elaborate knowledge and skills acquired in the study
- Can work independently in the company, and participate in the business as a team member.
- Can identify relevant literature, analyse, formulate, describe and communicate the practical work
- Has insight into practical issues in work situations.
- Can document the project work in a correct professional / scientific way.
The learning activities will take place in collaboration with the company and the supervisor(s) at KBM, based on the project description, the reflection report and the presentation of the report.Practical work in a company or in public sectorSearch, read and use relevant literature Reflection Report Presentation of the report
Canvas, guidance from your supervisor at KBM, and mentor in the company.
The curriculum consist of relevant self selected literature approved by your supervisor. The literature must be relevant for the work performed in the company.
Relevant background within KBMs reseach topics. Minimum third year student.
Standard agreement must be approved before the internship begins.
Project description, practicals, reflection report and presentation. Counts 100%
250 hours where 175 hours in company, 75 hours work on the project description, reflection report (including required readings) and presentation.
Special requirements in science
The examiner will be involved in the revision and approval of the internship, and is present at the presentation of the reflection report.
Examination details: Mappevurdering: Passed / Not Passed