FORNY310 Bioenergy - Market and Sustainability
Showing course contents for the educational year 2022 - 2023 .
Course responsible: Eirik Ogner Jåstad, Per Kristian Kåreson Lobenz Rørstad
ECTS credits: 5
Faculty: Faculty of Environmental Sciences and Natural Resource Management
Teaching language: NO
Teaching exam periods:
This course starts in Spring parallel. This course has teaching/evaluation in Spring parallel.
Course frequency: Annually
First time: Study year 2022-2023
The course consists of three main themes:
- The bioenergy's role in the energy system
- Climate and environmental effects of bioenergy
- Innovation and innovation in the bioenergy sector
Overall, the course will give the student one basis for assessing the sustainability of various types of bioener provide (environmental consequences, economic consequences and otherwise consequences for society).
A candidate with completed qualification has the following learning outcomes in the course:
- The student has advanced knowledge of key value chains for bioenergy
- The student has specialized insight into the effects on carbon cycle and climate using bio-energy
- The student can analyze social issues related to the use of biomass to energy purposes
- The student knows key challenges related to innovation
- The student can carry out an independent analysis, including analyzing climate effects of bioenergy use
- The student can make critical assessments of the climate effects using various bioenergy forms
- The student can analyze innovations within bioenergy
- The student can convey and discuss issues related to economic, technological and climate and environmental aspects of bioenergy
- The student should be able to communicate about academic issues that have been dealt with in the course, both with specialists and the public
Lectures, seminars, independent study.
Canvas. During office hours, lecturers can provide academic supervision to students.
A reading list will be available at Canvas.
FORNY200, FORNY210, MINA320/MINA321, or similar.
Approved exercise and any excursion.
Special requirements in Science
Reduction of credits:
5 credits overlap with FORN310 (previous version).
Type of course:
25 hours lectures and exercises
The external examiner will contribute in defining the exam problem set and will assess all exam answers.
Examination details: Oral exam: Letter grades