AOS335 Organisational Change
There may be changes to the course due to to corona restrictions. See Canvas and StudentWeb for info.
Showing course contents for the educational year 2017 - 2018 .
Course responsible: Bernt Aarset
Teachers: Arild Wæraas
ECTS credits: 10
Faculty: School of Economics and Business
Teaching language: NO
Limits of class size:
Teaching exam periods:
This course starts in Autumn parallel. This course has teaching/evaluation in Autumn parallel, .
Course frequency: Annually
First time: 2013V
M-ØA, with a profile in organization and leadership.
The relationship between the organizations and the society, with main focus on the business organization. The course focus on causes of change, perspective on change and implementation of change. Change is analysed in light of culture, power, politics, and learning.
- Knowledge of key theories of change and change processes
- Knowledge of how modern organizations work in relation to internal and external stakeholders and other parties
- Be familiar with the basic theories on the relationship between organizations and their environment
- Develop skills to analyze processes of change in organizations
- Understand the drivers of internal change processes and, based on relevant theories and methods, present proposals for how these can be managed
- Understand external change processes and, based on relevant theories and methods, present proposals for how these can be managed
- Use theories and models to analyze a change situation and present relevant proposals for solutions
- Be able to reflect on what change is and how change can be managed
Combination of lectures, student presentations, and group assignments.
Supervision and oral feedback on group assignments.
Textbook and selected papers.
AOS130, AOS230, og AOS237, or similar. Students may follow AOS335 in the same semester.
Two mandatory group assignments.
The assignments are evaluated pass or fail
The candidates must be credited a pass on the assignments to be eligible to take the final exam.
There is no need to repeat the group assignment in case of renewed exam.
Thirty hours take-home exam. The grade is based on take-home exam only. A retake exam is not organized in this course.
Total work load is estimated to 300 work hours.
Reduction of credits:
Type of course:
The course will be organised as 4 hours seminars per week over 12 weeks. How the two weekly sessions will be organised over the fall semester will vary, but a detailed plan will be presented at the beginning of the course.
An external examiner will assess the curriculum and principles for evaluation. Grades will be set by the teacher.
Examination details: Continuous exam: A - E / Ikke bestått