Course responsible:Jan Elbertus Vermaat
Campus / Online:Taught campus Ås
Nominal workload: 25 hours Individual work 20 hours supervision 5 hours
Individual work 20 hours
supervision 5 hours
Teaching and exam period:Continuous teaching and assessment.
About this course
After completion the PhD-candidate demonstrated ability to present own scientific work on a poster and in a poster session for an international conference audience with over 30 participants.
The candidate will learn to
- Present own results in a poster-format
- Edit and shorten long texts without losing content
- Become comfortable with editorial presentation programs
- Explain and discuss the poster with a variable audience of passing-by unknown scientists and be able to improvise and hypothesize
- To prepare and present a scientific poster based on one's own research at an international conference.
- The PhD candidate's supervisor(s)
- MSc or other equivalent education
- Prepare a scientific poster and present it at an international conference with more than 30 participants.
- The external sensor evaluates and accepts the course structure and evaluation criteria.
- Provide documentation for the poster from the conference (program).
- Passed / Not Passed