Course responsible:Mareile Astrid Wolff
Campus / Online:Taught campus Ås
Teaching and exam period:January block
About this course
This is preparatory course for students who will be taking FYS100 or FYS101.
-Repetition of basic high-school physics for students who will continue with FYS100 or FYS101.
-Introduction to solving strategies, assignment management incl. diagram drawing
-Introduction to academic studying techniques, using textbook and online resources
-Training in small group discussion as a learning technique.
Topics covered will be different for FYS100 and FYS101 students and is adjusted to fit the following courses.
Students will be able to
- apply basic study techniques, problem solving strategies and assignment management
- know terms and definitions used in the physics topics of included in FYS100 and FYS101
- have established a cooperation with group partner which may continue in next course
- feel confidence in moving on with FYS100 or FYS101
- Colloquia, self study, mentoring, lectures on a few selected topics, excursion
- Daily mentoring of the colloquia-groups, use of teaching platform
- Basic physics from high school
- No exam
Two course alternatives:
- Daytime: mandatory daily attendance between 09 am and 03 pm
- Evening sessions: recommended daily attendance between 03 pm and 08 pm
selfstudy in colloquia-groups: 14 days à 6 hours= 84 hours
excursion: about 6 hours