Course responsible:Turid Mørkøre
Campus / Online:Taught campus Ås
Nominal workload:375 hours
Teaching and exam period:Autumn parallell and Spring parallell
About this course
- When completed a 15 credits bachelor thesis the student will have knowledge of a specific topic and relevant theories, processes, tools and methods
- The student will know how to search for, consider and refer to information, and present so that it sheds light on the issue. Moreover, the student has skills in applying professional knowledge, meet reasonable choices and in mastering relevant professional tools, techniques and forms of expression
- The student has under guidance gained experience in planning and implementing a small independent project and is able to present academic knowledge
- Supervision: Each student is entitled to 20 hours of supervision (including the supervisor's share of the marking) for a 15 ECTS bachelor thesis. Students sign a contract with the supervisor. The supervisory relationship is guided by the contract as well as common understandings for supervisory responsibility. Writing a research proposal is an integral part of the thesis process and its supervision. The student has a responsibility to stay in touch with the supervisor. The student submits a signed contract to the study counselor at the Faculty ahead of the specified deadlines in the Academic calendar.
- It is recommended that the students actively use the courses that the University Library, Writing Centre and other resources that the University offers.
- 3 year bachelor student
- One written thesis.
- External examiner is used in the evaluation of the bachelor thesis.
- The student must submit a signed contract to supervisor and to the study administration at the faculty before he/her can start working on his/hers thesis
- Letter grades
- Special requirements in Science.