Course responsible:Turid Mørkøre
Campus / Online:Taught campus Ås
Limits of class size:30
Nominal workload:125 hrs.
Teaching and exam period:This course starts in June block. This course has teaching/evaluation in June block.
About this course
The student will during the course have gained a solid theoretical understanding of:
- Quality and the components responsible for quality of aquaculture products
- Insight into different analytical methods and possibilities for influencing/improving important quality parameters
- The students are further expected to gain detailed knowledge related to central sensory, nutritionally and processing related quality parameters, as well as the importance of ethical and hygienically safe products
- Insight into the factors regulating quality in practical production will be gained through the excursion and visit to applied research institutions
- The student is presented to the basic principles of quality, definitions and the needs for appropriate analytical methods and ways of influencing quality
- Lectures, excursion and report writing.
- The work of the student will be supported during excursion and as comments to the report. Teachers will be available for questions.
- Basic knowledge of chemistry and biochemistry.
- Basic knowledge of aquaculture/biology.
- Written multiple choice examination.
- An external examiner will evaluate the examination.
- Approved excursion report.
- Lectures: 45-50 hours. Excursion: 3-4 days.
- Passed / Not Passed
- Special requirements in Science