Course responsible:Stein Delmas Wesenberg
Campus / Online:Online
Course frequency:The course is given twice per year (both autumn and spring)
Nominal workload:125 hours.
Teaching and exam period: This course starts in spring parallel. This course has teaching/evaluation in spring parallel. This course starts in autumn parallel. This course has teaching/evaluation in autumn parallel.
This course starts in spring parallel. This course has teaching/evaluation in spring parallel.
This course starts in autumn parallel. This course has teaching/evaluation in autumn parallel.
About this course
The course provides an introduction and basic competence in practical change management. Training is given in what methods, procedures and tools are available to make change happen in an organization.
Students gain a good understanding of how to proceed in practice to prepare, implement and maintain changes employees and the organization must go through. Topics such as: how to create the ability and will to change; handling change resistance; how to communicate the change; what activities the management and the project team can do to create enthusiasm and implementation ability are reviewed
• Gain a good understanding of what one can do in practice to make changes take hold.
• Have knowledge of various analysis tools in use throughout the change process.
• Understand the importance of what it takes to succeed with a change, what hinders success and what role the various parts of an organization can play in creating the ability to change.
• Translate what is learned into practical activities in a change project
• Understand what it means to be a change agent and if you are in a change team what role you as a participant should play to ensure success
• Be able to identify challenges in an organization and / or project that must be handled to ensure success
Other teaching intentions
• Increased awareness of what happens in the employee's mental models when changing
• Learn motivational techniques to get employees involved in change
- Lectures and group work carried out using the Teams tool. Implementation of group assignment with focus on case to handle difficult changes. Active participation is expected.
- No special beyond teacher contact.
- 30 hours home exam (counts 100 % of total grade) in the end of the teaching period.
- An external examiner reviews and approves the arrangements for the exam.
- Lectures 2 hours per week.
- 5 ECTS overlap with AOS235F.
- Passed / Not Passed
- Minimum requirements for entrance to higher education in Norway (generell studiekompetanse)