INF230 Data Processing and Analysis
Showing course contents for the educational year 2022 - 2023 .
Course responsible: Habib Ullah
ECTS credits: 10
Faculty: Faculty of Science and Technology
Teaching language: EN, NO
Teaching exam periods:
This course starts in the spring parallel. This course has teaching and evaluation during the spring parallel.
Course frequency: Annually
First time: Study year 2017-2018
The course is under constant development due to the nature of technology and its development. The basic topics of the course are:
- Introduction to databases.
- Raw data and data processing.
- Analysis and methods
- Query and analysis of data
- Datalogging from external devices.
- Data and security.
See the course web pages for updated information.
- Be familiar with database handling systems and the theoretical foundation.
- Master methods and techniques used for structuring raw data.
- Be able to model and analyse data located in databases
- Be able to program solutions for processlng and analysis of raw data
- Be able to use existing analysis software and knowhow the workflow
- Be able to use data mining principles
- Be familiar with IOT (Internet Of Things)
- Be familiar with datalogging and on-line visualisation
Lectures.Group work/exercises with teaching assistant present in selected hours.Compulsory problem-solving.Independent study.
Assistant teachers will give professional guidance in groups.
Will be announced at the beginning of the course.
Know fundamental principles in informatics and programming Be able to program at an introductory level,
Compulsory assignments will be given. The assignments will include all areas that are of importance to the study of the subject. A more elaborate exercice will be given in the last part of the course. The details will be announced at cource startup.
3 hour written exam. A-F.
Special requirements in Science.
Reduction of credits:
10 credits INF130
Type of course:
- Lectures: 2 hours per week for 13 weeks.
- Plenary review of exercises: 2 hours per week for 13 weeks.
- Exercises: 2 hours per week for 13 weeks.
An external examiner participates together with the internal examiner in the design of the exam assignments and the examiner's guide. The external examiner checks the internal examiner's assessment of a random selection of candidates as a calibration at certain intervals in accordance with the department's guidelines for grading.
Allowed examination aids: A1 No calculator, no other aids
Examination details: One written exam: Letter grades