M60-FT Master's Thesis
Showing course contents for the educational year 2022 - 2023 .
Course responsible: Egil Prestløkken
ECTS credits: 60
Faculty: Faculty of Biosciences
Teaching language: EN, NO
Teaching exam periods:
Autumn parallel and Spring parallel
Course frequency: Annually
First time: Study year 2014-2015
Students who choose a master thesis in Feed Manufacturing Technology shall prepare a hypotheses in collaboration with their supervisor. The master thesis is an independent academic work. Data collection and analyzes of sources are usually part of the process.
- The student has advanced knowledge about a specific thematic area, relevant methods and theories
The student can:
- work independently to identify and compare different sources in relation to a specific thematic area within feed manufacuring technology
- structure the Thesis according to academic standards
- present a research topic, including choice of methods, data collection and analysis
- plan and carry out a project over a long timeframe of multiple months
- The student will have insight into the different steps in a research process, including methodical and ethical considerations
- If a fieldwork, and collection of primary data, has been completed, the student will have practical experience in comparing sources and collect data in the field, analyze and explain research results
- The student will have experience in using feedback to process their own work, and are able to critically reflect over the results of the research and the Thesis process
Supervision: Each student is entitled to 80 hours of supervision (including the supervisor's share of the marking) for a 60 ECTS master thesis.
Students should use the University Library and the Writing Centre and participate in courses they offer.
Relevant litterature to be found in collaberation with supervisor.
Solid knowledge within the subject of the thesis.
The student must submit a signed contract to the study administration at the faculty before he/her can start working on his/hers thesis.
One written thesis and oral discussion.
Masterstudents at NMBUs master program.
Students at other master program at NMBU are welcome to do a thesis at BIOVIT.
The degree thesis shall be graded by at least one external examiner and one internal examiner. The main supervisor is usually the internal examiner.
Examination details: Term paper: Letter grades