M60-FT Master's Thesis
Showing course contents for the educational year 2017 - 2018 .
Course responsible: Trond Storebakken
Teachers: Agnethe-Irén Sandem, Stine Hanne Telneset
ECTS credits: 60
Faculty: Faculty of Biosciences
Teaching language: EN, NO
Limits of class size:
Teaching exam periods:
Autumn parallel and Spring parallel
Course frequency: Annually
First time: Study year 2014-2015
Students who choose a master thesis in Feed Manufacturing Technology shall prepare a hypotheses in collaboration with their supervisor. The master thesis is an independent academic work. Data collection and analyzes of sources are usually part of the process.
A master thesis is a comprehensive working process. When completed, it provides the student with in depth knowledge of a specific topic and relevant methods and theories. The master thesis will have been structured according to academic standards. Throughout this process, the student will have gained specific knowledge, skills and competence:
- The student will have experience in searching for various sources, reading and assessing them in the relation to a specified issue within aquaculture.
- The student will have presented the research topic, including methodology, data collection and analysis.
- Through supervision, the student will have gained insight into the various steps of a research process, including methodical and ethical concerns.
- If the student has conducted fieldwork and gathered primary data, practical experience will have been gained in assessing sources and collecting data in the field, in addition to the explanation of research results.
- The student will have gained experience in processing feedback and can critically reflect on the results of the research and the working process.
Supervision: Each student is entitled to 80 hours of supervision (including the supervisor's share of the marking) for a 60 ECTS master thesis.
Students should use the University Library and the Writing Centre and participate in courses they offer.
Relevant litterature to be found in collaberation with supervisor.
Solid knowledge within the subject of the thesis
The student must submit a signed contract to the study administration at the faculty before he/her can start working on his/hers thesis.
One written thesis and oral discussion.
Masterstudents at NMBUs master program
Reduction of credits:
Type of course:
Students at other master program at NMBU are welcome to do a thesis at IHA.
The degree thesis shall be graded by at least one external examiner and one internal examiner. The main supervisor is usually the internal examiner.
Examination details: Term paper: A - E / Ikke bestått