M30-FT Master's Thesis
Check for course changes due to the coronavirus outbreak on Canvas and StudentWeb.
Showing course contents for the educational year starting in 2020 .
Course responsible: Trond Storebakken
Teachers: Stine Hanne Telneset
ECTS credits: 30
Faculty: Faculty of Biosciences
Teaching language: EN, NO
Teaching exam periods:
Autumn parallel and Spring parallel.
Course frequency: Annually
First time: 2014H
Students who choose a master thesis in Feed Manufacturing Technology shall prepare a hypotheses in collaboration with their supervisor. The master thesis is an independent academic work. Data collection and analyzes of sources are usually part of the process.
A master thesis is a comprehensive working process. When completed, it provides the student with in depth knowledge of a specific topic and relevant methods and theories. The master thesis will have been structured according to academic standards. Throughout this process, the student will have gained specific knowledge, skills and competence:
- The student will have experience in searching for various sources, reading and assessing them in the relation to a specified issue within aquaculture.
- The student will have presented the research topic, including methodology, data collection and analysis.
- Through supervision, the student will have gained insight into the various steps of a research process, including methodical and ethical concerns.
- If the student has conducted fieldwork and gathered primary data, practical experience will have been gained in assessing sources and collecting data in the field, in addition to the explanation of research results.
- The student will have gained experience in processing feedback and can critically reflect on the results of the research and the working process.
Supervision: Each student is entitled to 40 hours of supervision (including the supervisor's share of the marking) for a 30 ECTS master thesis.
It is recommended that the students actively use the courses that the University Library, Writing Centre and other resources that the University offers.
Relevant literature will be identified through a review process guided by the supervisor
Solid knowledge within the subject of the thesis
The student must submit a signed contract to the study administration at the faculty before he/her can start working on his/hers thesis.
One written thesis and oral discussion.
Master students at NMBUs master program.
Students at other master program at NMBU are welcome to do a thesis at BIOVIT.
The degree thesis shall be graded by at least one external examiner and one internal examiner. The main supervisor is usually the internal examiner.
Examination details: Term paper: A - E / Ikke bestått