INF230 Data processing and analysis
Check for course changes due to the coronavirus outbreak on Canvas and StudentWeb.
Showing course contents for the educational year starting in 2017 .
Course responsible: Knut Kvaal, Ingunn Burud
ECTS credits: 10
Faculty: Faculty of Science and Technology
Teaching language: EN, NO
Teaching exam periods:
This course starts in the spring parallel. This course has teaching and evaluation during the spring parallel.
Course frequency: Annually
First time: 2017H
The course is under constant development due to the nature of technology and its development. The basic topics of the course are:
- Introduction to data bases.
- Raw data and data processing.
- Analysis and methods
- Query and analysis of data
- Datalogging from external devices.
- Data and security.
See the course web pages for updated information.
- Be familiar with database handling systems and the theoretical foundation.
- Master methods and techniques used for structuring raw data.
- Be able to model and analyse data located in databases
- Be able to program solutions for processlng and analysis of raw data
- Be able to use existing analysis software and knowhow the workflow
- Be able to use data mining principles
- Be familiar with ITO (Internet Of Things)
- Be familiar with datalogging and on-line visualisation
Lectures.Group work/exercises with teaching assistant present in selected hours.Compulsory problem-solving.Independent study.
Assistant teachers will give professional guidance in groups.
Will be announced at the beginning of the course.
Know fundamental principles in iformatics and porogramming Be able to program at an introductory level,
Compulsory assignments will be given. The assignments will include all areas that are of importance to the study of the subject. A more elaborate exercice will be given in the last part of the course. The details will be announced at cource startup.
With 15 or more students: 3 hour written exam.
With fewer than 15 students: 1 hour oral exam.
Special requirements in Science.
Reduction of credits:
10 credits INF130
Type of course:
- Lectures: 2 hours per week for 13 weeks.
- Plenary review of exercises: 2 hours per week for 13 weeks.
- Exercises: 2 hours per week for 13 weeks.
The external and internal examiner jointly prepare the exam questions and the correction manual. The external examiner reviews the internal examiner's examination results by correcting a random sample of candidate¿s exams as a calibration according to the Department's guidelines for examination markings.
Examination details: One written exam: A - E / Ikke bestått