BUS340 Supply Chain Management
Showing course contents for the educational year 2018 - 2019 .
Course responsible: Kolbjørn Christoffersen
Teachers: Karl Jens Fredrik Bengtsson
ECTS credits: 10
Faculty: School of Economics and Business
Teaching language: NO
Teaching exam periods:
This course starts in Autumn parallel. This course has teaching/evaluation in Autumn parallel, .
Course frequency: Annually
First time: Study year 2011-2012
The supply chain, strategic fit and drivers. Designing the supply chain network. Planning demand and supply in a supply chain. Planning and managing inventories in a supply chain. Sourcing, transporting, and pricing products. Coordination and technology in the supply chain.
The candidate has knowledge about:
- Key supply chain management concepts
- The relation between competitive and supply chain strategies
- Design of supply chain networks
- Forecasting methods
- Stock management and optimization of service levels
- Aggregate planning in a supply chain
- Transportation in a supply chain
- Sourcing, pricing and revenue management
- Coordination in a supply chain
The candidate can:
- Develop and use quantitative models to support supply chain decisions
- Use creative, critical and reflective thinking to address organizational opportunities and challenges
Lectures, exercises, and two cases with mandatory attendance.
Chopra S., P. Meindl. (2016). Supply Chain Management. Pearson. 6th edition.
BUS240 Operations Management or some other basic logistics course. BUS230 Operations Research.
2 cases with subsequent group discussions.
Mandatory activities that are completed and approved in a given year will also be approved the following year.
Take-home exam, part 1. Weights 25%.
Take-home exam, part 2. Weights 25%.
Final written exam. Weights 50%. Duration: 3 hours.
Since the course has continuous exam, exam will only take place in autumn semester. There will not be any new/postponed exam in spring semester.
300 hours total work for the students.
Type of course:
Lectures and oral presentations: 50 hours.
External examiner will control the quality of syllabus, questions for the final examination, and principles for the assessment of the examination answers.
Allowed examination aids: B1 Calculator handed out, no other aids
Examination details: Continuous exam: A - E / Ikke bestått