AQX100 Introduction to Norwegian animal and aquatic production
Search for other courses here
Select other year
Showing course contents for the educational year 2022 - 2023 .
Course responsible: Turid Mørkøre
Teachers: Alf-Helge Aarskog, Einar Wathne, Simen Rød Sandve, Øystein Ahlstrøm
ECTS credits: 5
Faculty: Faculty of Biosciences
Teaching language: NO
Limits of class size:
Teaching exam periods:
Course frequency: Annually
First time: Study year 2021-2022
The purpose of the course is to give insight to Norwegian aquaculture production, but also other food production systems in Norway. You will learn about practical aquaculture related industries through excursions, and lectures by teachers and influential representatives from the aquaculture business. You will get the opportunity to improve your own teaching skills, through presentation of assignments on an aquaculture-related topic. Information about job opportunities in different aquaculture sectors, will be a natural part of the course.
- Basic knowledge of aquaculture and other food production, with associated business activities, public administration
- Introduction to the concept of sustainability and life cycle analyzes (LCA)
- The course will provide training in writing and organizing a report on a given topic
- Brief introduction to the scientific process, hypothesis testing, statistics and report writing
- Basic knowledge of Norwegian fish farming and livestock production, acquisition of knowledge and organization of this in a presentation for fellow students
Demonstrations, visits to producers and companies, lectures and presentation of assignments from fellow students.
Presentations, websites and conversations with teachers and students with practical experience from aquaculture production.
Not written syllabus.
Excursions and student assignments
Reduction of credits:
Coordinated with HFX131
Type of course:
The course will also have some joint teaching with the introductory course for animal sciences and some joint teaching with the introductory course for plant science and biology.
Reports will be evaluated be examiner
Examination details: Portfolio: Passed / Not Passed