AOS235 Practical Change Management
Showing course contents for the educational year 2020 - 2021 .
Course responsible: Stein Wesenberg
ECTS credits: 5
Faculty: School of Economics and Business
Teaching language: NO
Teaching exam periods:
This course starts in spring parallel. This course has teaching/evaluation in spring parallel.
Course frequency: Annually.
First time: Study year 2020-2021
The course provides an introduction and basic competence in practical change management. Training is given in what methods, procedures and tools are available to make change happen in an organization.
Students gain a good understanding of how to proceed in practice to prepare, implement and maintain changes employees and the organization must go through. Topics such as: how to create the ability and will to change; handling change resistance; how to communicate the change; what activities the management and the project team can do to create enthusiasm and implementation ability are reviewed
• Gain a good understanding of what one can do in practice to make changes take hold.
• Have knowledge of various analysis tools in use throughout the change process.
• Understand the importance of what it takes to succeed with a change, what hinders success and what role the various parts of an organization can play in creating the ability to change.
• Translate what is learned into practical activities in a change project
• Understand what it means to be a change agent and if you are in a change team what role you as a participant should play to ensure success
• Be able to identify challenges in an organization and / or project that must be handled to ensure success
Other teaching intentions
• Increased awareness of what happens in the employee's mental models when changing
• Learn motivational techniques to get employees involved in change
No special beyond teacher contact.
Textbook or compendium (will be given at the start of the course in Canvas).
Participation in the lectures.
30 hours home exam (counts 100 % of total grade)
Minimum requirements for entrance to higher education in Norway (generell studiekompetanse)
Type of course:
Lectures 2 hours per week. In addition, there is group work and the semester assignment.
An external examiner reviews and approves the arrangements for the exam.
Examination details: :