SHF - The Animal Production Experimental Centre - differs from a regular department / institute at the Norwegian University of Life Sciences in that it has a board of external representation. The Center is funded through basic grant from the Norwegian University of Life Sciences, income from experiments missions and sale of products from livestock and crop production.
SHF - The Animal Production Experimental Centre - aims to:
- Every experiment will safeguard and prioritize animal welfare.
- Be internationally competitive about facilities for the main livestock in Norway thus contributing to food security and preparedness.
- Have competent personnel and systems for quality during experiments.
- will focus on environmentally friendly solutions in construction and operation, and it shall be accessible for research on greenhouse gases, energy use and pollution.
- the facility will provide an environment for agriculture and contribute to increased knowledge and interest in livestock and livestock-based food production.
- shall be internationally competitive facilities for research in feed technology.
- should have flexibility with regard to animal species and Solutions.
- use agricultural land owed by the Norwegian University of Life Sciences for feed production in a way that safeguards the landscape and environment. It should be possible with experiments throughout the complete value chain.
- shall be conducted effectively and efficiently and ensure good working conditions for employees, researchers and students.
Use of the facilities
The Animal Production Experimental Centre has not appointed researchers. Most of the experiments are projects with the Department of Animal and Aquacultural Sciences (IHA) at the Norwegian University of Life Sciences. Other department at the Norwegian University of Life Sciences, the veterinary environment at Campus Adamstuen and Bioforsk also conduct experiments at the facilities.
When industry players target The Animal Production Experimental Centre with a request attempt, they are referred to make an apointment with a responsible researcher in the relevant field.
For an overview of experiment opportunities at The Animal Production Experimental Centre, please contact us by email. A brochure can be found here (follow link):