Mandatory courses under Environment, Climate and Energy Economics - Energy Oriented
In addition to mandatory courses for all the students in Master of Sciences In Economics (45 ECTS), students in this specialization must take:
• ECN372 Climate Economics, 10 ECTS (Autumn)
• ECN380 Energy Markets and Regulation, 10 ECTS (Autumn)- ECN280 Energy Economics or the equivalent is a prerequisite for ECN380 and should be taken before ECN380.
And must choose 10 ECTS among the following recommended electives:
• ECN312 Industrial Organization, 5 ECTS (January)
• EC271 Cost Benefit Project Evaluation and Environmental Valuation, 10 ECTS (Spring)
• BUS311 Environmental Accounting and Management, 5 ECTS (Spring)
• ECN375 Natural Resource and Environmental Economics - theory and applications, 10 ECTS (Spring)
• ECN350 Development and Global Change, 10 ECTS (Spring)
• FORN240 Energy Distribution and Storage Systems, 5 ECTS (August)
• FORN300 Wind and Hydropower - Resources, Profitability and Solutions, 10 ECTS (August/Autumn)
• FORN330 Renewable Energy Systems Analysis, 10 ECTS (August/Autumn)
The remaining 15 ECTS are to be earned from elective courses, chosen among other courses at NMBU at 200- or 300-level, or from a list of eligible 100-level courses.
• Courses at the School of Economics and Business (English)
• Courses at NMBU (English)