- Microsoft Word must be installed on your computer prior to installing EndNote.
Uninstall any earlier version of EndNote before installing EndNote 20.
- Before you remove EndNote, it is important to back up your libraries (including corresponding .DATA folders), customized styles, filters or connection files.
- Download and save the two files, EN20Inst.msi and License.dat to the same folder on your computer. For example, C:\inst_install_EndNote.
Download tip: Right-click the file link and select Save target as...
- Log on to your computer with administrative rights, and then run EN20Inst.msi to install the EndNote program. (Do not run in Admin mode.)
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation - use default options.
- When opening EndNote, skip setting up EndNote Online at this time.
Update EndNote after installing.
- Open a connection to the Internet.
- Open EndNote.
- From the EndNote Help menu, select Check for Updates.
System and Hardware Requirements:
- Windows 10
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster x86-bit or x64-bit processor
- Minimum 2 GB of available RAM
- 600 MB hard disk space available
Word processor software:
- Microsoft Word 2010, 2013 and 2016, 2019, Office 365 (locally installed desktop version only)
- Apache OpenOffice [CWYW] for Windows: 3.x, 4.x
- LibreOffice [CWYW] for Windows: 4.x, 5.x, 6.x (32-bit)
- Partner CWYW Integration: Wolfram Mathematica 8