- Microsoft Word must be installed on your computer prior to installing EndNote.
Uninstall older versions of EndNote before installing EndNote 20.
- Before you remove EndNote, it is important to back up your libraries (including corresponding .DATA folders), customized styles, filters or connection files.
- Download and save the EndNote installer, EndNote20SiteInstaller.dmg.
Download tip: Right-click the file link and select Save target as...
- After you have downloaded the EndNote installer, double click the file to open the disk image "EndNote 20 Installer".
- Double click the "Install EndNote 20.app" image.
- This will bring up an image with "Licensed to: NMBU".
- Click "Install", and follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.
- When opening EndNote, skip setting up EndNote Online at this time.
Update EndNote after installing:
- Open a connection to the Internet.
- Open EndNote.
- From the EndNote 20 menu, select Check for Updates.
System and Hardware Requirements:
- macOS 10.14 or 10.15
- Intel-based Macintosh
- Hard disk with 700 MB available
- Minimum 2 GB of available RAM
Word processor software:
- Microsoft Word [CWYW] for macOS: 2016, 2019, Office 365 (locally installed desktop version only)
- Partner integration for Cite While You Write: Apple® Pages
- Partner CWYW Integration: Wolfram Mathematica 8