- Microsoft Word must be installed on your computer prior to installing EndNote.
Uninstall older versions of EndNote before installing EndNote X9.
- Before you remove EndNote, it is important to back up your libraries (including corresponding .DATA folders), customized styles, filters or connection files.
- Download and save the EndNote installer, EndNoteX9SiteInstaller.dmg.
Download tip: Right-click the file link and select Save target as...
- After you have downloaded the EndNote installer, double click the file to open the disk image "EndNote X9 Installer".
- Double click the "Install EndNote X9.app" image.
- This will bring up an image with "Licensed to: NMBU".
- Click "Install", and follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.
- When opening EndNote, skip setting up EndNote Online at this time.
Update EndNote after installing:
- Open a connection to the Internet.
- Open EndNote.
- From the EndNote X9 menu, select Check for Updates.
System and Hardware Requirements:
- Mac OS 10.10 and above
- Intel-based Macintosh
- Hard disk with 700 MB available
- Minimum 2 GB of available RAM
Word Processor Compatibility:
- Cite While You Write:
- Microsoft Word 2011, 2016 (version 15.21.1 or later)
- Apple® Pages
- Wolfram Mathematica® 8
Word processors that save .rtf or .odt files.