NMBU has set the target that the share of female professors should be higher than 30% by the end of 2020 and the share of female professors-II, associate professors and researchers should be higher than 40%. The Annual Report 2016 (in Norwegian) on gender equality highlights the challenges for NMBU with regard to gender equality.
NOK 1,4 million
NMBU’s budget for 2017 allocates NOK 1,4 million for gender equality measures. The Equality Committee at NMBU will use most of these funds on measures to increase the share of women in permanent, academic positions and especially the proportion of women in professorships. We hereby welcome applications accordingly.
Deadline for applications: 31 May 2017
The economic incentives to increase the proportion of women in academic positions are:
- Start-up Package of up to NOK100.000 NOK for women employed at Faculties where female representation at associate- and/or professor level is low. The funding may be used for equipment and other operating expenses, as well as salaries for research assistance.
- Qualification grant for female associate professors who wish to qualify for professor – up to NOK 100.000. Female associate professors who are approaching the stage where they can apply for promotion to professor are relevant applicants. Faculties with a low percentage of female professors will be given priority. The funding should mainly be used for tuition buy-out, technical assistance, or other actions that enable meritorious research. The qualification grant may only be awarded once per individual.
- Grant for “calling” female staff to positions as associate professor II and professor II in fields where the female representation is low. The maximum sum applied for is NOK 300.000 - for a three-year period, based on the Faculty funding the remaining costs, i.e. operational cost and about half of the salary cost of the position over these three years. Criteria for “calling” must be in accordance with the applicable regulations.
- Evaluation of professor competence in connection with “calling” to associate professor II/professor II positions (NOK 15.000 per person).
- Pre-assessment of an application for promotion to professor (NOK 15.000 ).
- Faculties may apply for funding in order to carry out their own gender equality activities (up to NOK 40.000 per activity) including career guidance for female PhD- and post-doctoral researchers.
The application deadline is 31 May 2017.
The funds referred to in items 1, 2 and 5 may be applied for by relevant female staff, by submitting an application to the NMBU Gender Equality Committee, attention Committee Secretary with a copy to the dean of the faculty. Please indicate clearly which type of support you are applying for.
Faculties may apply for other funds (items 3, 4 and 6) by also submitting an application to the NMBU Gender Equality Committee, attention Committee Secretary. Please indicate clearly which type of support you are applying for.
The applications shall include a brief description of the plans and objectives gained by the application and the applicants must be prepared on request to report to whether the target was met.To ensure the applicant that the application has been received, the applicant will receive a confirmation of receipt.
Questions may be addressed to the chairman of the Equality Committee or the secretary of the committee:
Halvor Hektoen (chairman)
Catherine Caillé (secretary)