The Food Proteins group (2017):
Main Research Projects
- Mapping proteins and peptides in milk from different species (bovine, caprine and equine) by proteomics and study their effects in the protection of oral and gastro-intestinal infections; an investigated in close collaboration with The National Hospital, RhI, University of Oslo, Department of Nutritional Sciences and Departement of Dentistry.
- in vitro digestion by human gastric enzymes; identifying protein and peptide as antimicrobial and antiviral elements.
- oral teeth/protein and mineral adsorption. Saliva proteins and their interaction with food components.
- Studying structures and the interactions between milk proteins and alginate under different conditions related to gelformation using rheological techniques and confocal laser microscopy. Involves NTNU and industrial partners.
- Characterization and identification of genetic protein variants in milk from Norwegian dairy cattle of cow and goat by Maldi-TOF analysis. Genomics related to proteomics and functional and nutrition parameters. Method development with other groups at IKBM and in cooperation with Institute of Animal Sciences and Matalliansen.