Registrer on the NMBU Systems
There are two ways to register for an NMBU user account:
- Norwegian ID and Norwegian telephone number as registered on SøknadsWeb. Make sure that your telephone number is registered correctly. You will be sent a one-time password by SMS.
- Be issued a fictive 11-digit ID number and 4-digit pin code by the Student Information Centre. This information will be provided in the introduction packet or sent by encrypted email.
You must first create a user account at NMBU. Follow these instructions to activate your user account on Brukerdata.
International students who receive encrypted materials should use the fictive 11-digit ID number and 4-digit pin code on Alternative 2. Once your user account has been activated, you will get access to StudentWeb, Canvas, NMBU Help, NMBU email account and IT services which require Feide logon.
IMPORTANT: Write down your username from Brukerdata. You will need this to access all of your accounts.
To access some NMBU services outside of campus, you will need a secure logon in addition to your password, also known as two-factor authentication. This means that you will have to use a one-time code sent by SMS or an App to access NMBU services on your computer, mobile phone and tablet. In addition, you will also need a two-factor authentication to access Microsoft Office (all Office software and your NMBU email) outside of campus. There are user guides for how to do this.
Activate secure logon for NMBU services (choose one):
Two-factor authentication by SMS
(requires mobile phone coverage in Norway)
- Two-factor authentication by App
In addition, you must activate secure logon for Microsoft:
You must first logon to the StudentWeb with your user account and complete the semester five-step semester registration process. Follow closely the instructions on how to register for the semester.
- Degree students should wait until after the welcome day at the faculty before selecting elective courses.
- Exchange students can receive assistance from the exchange coordinator to register additional courses.
All students must pay the semester fee. Payment information can be found on the Student Web.
IMPORTANT: Bilateral and Erasmus+ Exchange students are exempt from paying the semester fee. Questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the semester-card app (Studentbevis) to show proof of payment, also exchange students who are exempt from paying.
You must first activate your NMBU user account to order a student card. You can upload your photo and order your card by logging in to Fotoboks. User manual for ordering student card can be found in NMBUhjelp. Students can collect their student cards at the Student Information Centre (SiT) in the Clock Building starting on 13 August. It takes 24 hours from when you order the card before you can collect it. After 1 September, student cards can be collected at the Service Centre in the Veterinary Building.