The course is of 5 ECTS and is organised by Prof. Eystein Skjerve, Norwegian University of Life Sciences.
Through the course you will be acquainted with the fundamental theories and application of multilevel models. The focus will be on using these methods for applied research in veterinary epidemiology. You will also gain practical competency in statistical software for analyzing data.
Introduction to clustered data; linear mixed models, using software (MLwiN, Stata, R); Generalized linear mixed models; GLMM in MLWiN, Stata, R; Multilevel model diagnostics; Diagnostics in MLWiN.
Random slopes and contextual effects; Alternative approaches for discrete data; Repeated measures for discrete and continuous outcomes.
- Monday: Introduction, clustered data and linear mixed models
- Tuesday: Generalized linear mixed models and multilevel model diagnostics
- Wednesday: Visualisation of models, random slopes and contextual effects
- Thursday: Repeated measures, advanced models for discrete data
- Friday: Course wrap up, assignments.
Ian Dohoo. DVM, PhD. Professor Emeritus, University of Prince Edward Island