The present course will give a general description of IPM principles for the greenhouse environment and biocontrol in the greenhouses. Students will also learn about different approaches for disease and pest management in greenhouses, such as using pollinating insects as vectors to spread a substance used in the biocontrol of pests and new approaches aphid control in greenhouses (nanotechnology). Alternative pollinators and vectors for the greenhouse and chemical communication in the greenhouse environment will also be outlined. Students will be provided with hands-on experience of biocontrol in greenhouses through field visits and discussions with growers. Finally, students will participate in a symposium on integrated pest management in greenhouses. This symposium will be held in cooperation with the the association of horticultural farmers in Iceland.
- Guest Prof. Gudmundur Halldorsson, LBHI
- Prof. Heikki Hokkanen, University of Helsinki - Faculty of Agriculture and Forestry (HU-AF)
- Prof. Velemir Ninkovic, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU)
- Prof. Robert Glinwood, SLU
- PhD Ingeborg Menzler-Hokkanen, HU-AF
- PhD Felix Wäckers, BIOBEST
Please find more information on the course and how to apply on the course information website: