The course will take place on 7-11 March 2016 at Hafjell, Norway.
Application deadline: 15 January 2015.
The course is of 4 ECTS and is organised by Senior Scientist Elise Norberg, Aarhus University - Science and Technology (AU-ST).
This course is a multidisciplinary course on feed efficiency in dairy cattle and it will integrate knowledge from physiology, nutrition and genetics. It is aimed at PhD students working in the field of feed efficiency in ruminants, and it will give a broad background to understand the complex nature of traits and issues related to feed efficiency.
Specific topics to be covered will be:
- Feed intake
- Digestibility and utilization of nutrients
- Analysis of longitudinal data related to feed efficiency
- Trade-offs related to feed efficiency
- Methane emission and environmental impact
- Senior Scientist Peter Lund, AU-ST
- Project Senior Scientist Jan Lassen, AU-ST
- Professor Just Jensen, AU-ST
- Adjunct Professor Jarmo Juga, University of Helsinki: Faculty of Agriculture and Forestry (HU-AF)
- Professor Roel Verkamp, Wageningen University, Prof II Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU)
Please find more information on the course and information on how to apply on the NOVA course information webpage.