CERAD is co-organizing a seminar on Environmental Radioactivity for PhD, Postdoc and MSc students in Kyiv (Ukraine) in 2019 (June 4th – 6th). The aim of the seminar is to bring together young scientists and strengthen collaboration between the Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU) and National University of Life and Environmental Sciences of Ukraine (NUBiP). It is being organized within the framework of the Joint Ukrainian-Norwegian education programme in Environmental Radioactivity (CPEA‑2015/10108 project) funded by SiU (Norwegian Centre for International Cooperation in Education).
The seminar is divided into four sessions:
- sources and transport of the radionuclides,
- transfer of radionuclides and multiple stressor studies,
- effects of ionizing radiation, and
- risk assessment, societal and ethical aspects
Location and time frame
The seminar will take place in Ukrainian Institute of Agricultural Radiology (UIAR) of NUBiP of Ukraine (Kyiv region, Chabany village, Mashynobudivnykiv Str., 7) and include:
- presentation and discussion of personnel findings in UIAR (June 4th, from 900 till 1700);
- short visit to Kyiv city (June 4th, after 1700);
- fieldtrip to the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone (June 5th – 6th).
If you are
- Master, PhD student or young researcher;
- interested in studying environmental problems of nuclear power and how to overcome the consequences of Chernobyl and Fukushima accidents;
- able to present and discuss your own results and achievements in radioecology and radiobiology.
We encourage you to apply!
Travel and accommodation for participants from NUBiP and NMBU will be covered by CPEA‑2015/10108 project.
How to apply
In order to apply for the course, please fill in the registration form.
Application deadline is April 28th 2019!
- Valeriia Morozova, NUBiP, firstname.lastname@example.org – UIAR seminar coordinator
- Valery Kashparov, UIAR, email@example.com – director of the UIAR
- Ole Christian Lind, NMBU, firstname.lastname@example.org – NMBU seminar coordinator