The Norwegian Radiation Protection Authority (NRPA) and the Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU) have jointly discussed participation and further contribution to existing ALLIANCE Topical Roadmaps WGs and following persons were chosen to be the main contact persons, while other experts from both institutions could be (and will be) involved where and when necessary.
1. Human Food Chain Modelling
2. Naturally Occurring Radioactive Materials (NORM)
- NMBU: Lindis Skipperud (email@example.com)
- NRPA: Jelena Mrdakovic Popic (Jelena.Popic@nrpa.no)
3. Marine Radioecology
- NMBU: Hans Christian Teien (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- NRPA: Mikhail Iosjpe (Mikhail.email@example.com)
4. Atmospheric radionuclides in transfer processes
5. Transgenerational effects and species radiosensitivity
- NMBU: Dag Brede (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Furthermore, it was suggested to organise an additional Topical Roadmap WG on Radioactive particles. Such WG would be highly beneficial for radioecology in general, and specially for environmental impact assessments bearing in mind that radioactive particles are released during all severe accidental events, can lead to samples heterogeneity and partial leaching influencing the quality of measurements, assessment of radionuclides transport, uptake and effect, and in the end in assessment of impact and risks. Improved environmental assessments would lead to better capacity for management of sites contaminated with radioactive particles worldwide. The WG will follow also up the IAEA CRPs on radioactive particles.