Brit Salbu, Ole Christian Lind, Hans-Christian Teien, Bjørn Olav Rosseland and Frøydis Wærsted represented CERAD at this conference and gave several scientific presentations:
- Brit Salbu, Environmental impact of uranium mining in Central Asia: Case studies
- Ole Christian Lind, Environmental radioactive particles originating from different sources and release scenarios including NORM sites
- Lindis Skipperud (presented by Brit Salbu), Radionuclide and metal contamination in pit lakes in former U cites in Central Asia
- Hans-Christian Teien, Toxicity of depleted uranium and cadmium towards Atlantic Salmon (Salmo salar)
- Frøydis Wærsted, Investigating U and other toxic metals in leachate from alum shale and toxicity to fish
In addition, several meetings were held with Prof John Gunn and colleagues at the Vale Living with Lake Centre (VLVLC), Sudbury and a guided tour with him was organized for CERAD representatives visiting the Super stack, tailings and treatment areas.
On photo: The Inco Superstack in Sudbury, Ontario
On photo: CERAD (Ole Christian Lind, Brit Salbu, Frøydis Wærsted and Hans-Christian Teien) on guided field tour with guide Prof. John Gunn, Vale Living with Lakes Centre.