What do you need to know?
- We leave on Friday, 2nd of March after work (ca. 1600), and we come back Sunday, 4th of March, in the evening
- We’re going to Nystølen hyttegrend (https://www.nystolen.no/)
- We will provide some instructions for beginners (either hire professionals, or use skilled skier in our group)
- We will have 4 cabins with 28 spots in total
- All cabins should have saunas
- We do our own (common) cooking and cleaning
SoDoC pays for the cabins, food, fuel, tolls and car rental if needed. We will ask participants for a symbolic contribution - 50NOK (students from the quota and similar programmes) or 100NOK (others), to have more surety that people show up. More on this a bit later.
The rental of ski equipment/ski passes will be on each individual, if they need it. We have come to this decision, because, on the one hand, it makes the logistics MUCH easier, on the other – we ensure that every participant benefits equally from the goods that SoDoC pays for. You are, of course, encouraged to bring your own skiing equipment if you have it.
However, if you plan to rent some, we prefer you do it at Nystølen, since transporting many pairs of skis will be problematic.
Rental costs at Nystølen (1day/2days):
Cross country ski set: 220/260nok
Alpine ski set: 260/320nok
Snowboard set: 250/350nok
Ski pass (Nesbyen alpine center): 385(355nok for 3h)/720nok
If you are currently in a very tight budgetary situation, let us know in the registration, and we’ll work out a wallet-friendly solution for you.
What do you need to do? As usual, send an email to email@example.com containing ALL the following information:
- Name and status (PhD, postdoc, early-career temporary contract)
- Phone number
- Do you have a car? (if yes, I’d like to know it’s size and if you have a ski box or a rack on the roof, for attaching skis).
- Do you have a drivers license?
- Do you plan on bringing skis with you? (If yes, how many pairs and if you have a ski bag).
- Food restrictions
- Do you want to contribute to the cooking or cleaning?
- Do you want to get skiing instruction at the beginning? (if yes, for cross-country or downhill?)
- Pick up Ås or Oslo
- Transfer 50 NOK if you are a quota student or 100 NOK if you fall into the ‘other’ category to SoDoC’s account: 11004495537 indicating it is for the 2018 ski trip.
Registration deadline is the 21st of February. Remember, your registration only counts after you send the email AND transfer the money.
This ski trip will be very beginner friendly, so if you’re new to this, it will be the perfect opportunity to learn to ski in great company
Registered participants will receive follow up emails with more detailed information after the deadline
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact SoDoC on the above provided email address
Head of the social committee