Research infrastructure refers to scientific equipment intended for research purposes and includes
- Advanced scientific equipment
- Scientific databases and collections
- E-infrastructure (large-scale computational resources, advanced storage systems, grid infrastructure, high-speed networks and necessary support services)
NMBU supports the establishment of and upgrades to research infrastructure in the mid-range, from NOK 200,000 to NOK 2 million. The funds available will be allocated between the departments and allocations will be made in accordance with the department's investment plans within the financial framework. Departments that are allocated funds for equipment will be responsible for the future practical and financial operation of the equipment unit.
Process and proceedings, research infrastructure in the mid-range, from NOK 200,000 to NOK 2 million:
- The research department will advertise funds in the autumn term.
- Each department will prioritise between 3 and 5 of its most important needs for research infrastructure.
- The research committee will make a recommendation for the allocation of funds based on the applications received from each department at a meeting in February/March.
- The pro-rector will determine funding allocation based on the recommendations from the Research Committee.
- The investments must be made during the funding year.
The heads of department must continuously work to ensure that investment plans are up-to-date and to ascertain prioritised equipment requirements in collaboration with their research teams and research managers.