NMBU strives for increased international cooperation and grants funding to international stays. A prerequisite is that the stay will take place at an international university or research institution of high esteem. It is an annual announcement in the autumn semester (August/September), and the funding stretches to appx. 3 million NOK every year, given that there are budgetary decision allowing for it from the university board. Detailed call for the academic year 2020/2021 is available in the right margin. Deadline for applications: 1st of November yearly.
1. International leave for academic staff on sabbatical leave.
Awarding the grant prerequisites approval by the faculty. Guidelines for sabbatical leave at NMBU may be found in the right margin.
A maximum of two stays at different institutions may be granted. The institutions in question must be approved by the faculty. Applicants must document the collaboration in the application.
A travel grant will only cover a maximum of 10 months.
Guidelines and criteria for international travel grants for academic staff on sabbatical leave are available in the right margin. Please use the application form available in the right margin.
2. International leave for PhD candidates and Postdoctoral fellows in NMBU’s recruitment positions ("KD stipendiat") and residents.
Awarding the grant prerequisites approval by the faculty and the supervisor. A maximum number of stays at two different institutions of high international esteem may be granted. Applicants must document the collaboration in the application.
A travel grant will only cover at least two and a maximum of six months.
Guidelines and criteria for international travel grants for PhD Candidates and Postdoctoral fellows in NMBU recruitment positions, and for residents are available in the right margin. Please use the application form available in the right margin.
The NMBU rates must be used to calculate the budget for international stays (the same rates as the Norwegian Research Council):
- 18 000 NOK per month for single persons
- 33 000 NOK per month for a family
- Describe appx. travel expenses such as flight/bus/train tickets in a table.
If granted, 80% of the grant is paid in advance ahead of the journey for International stays. The remaining 20% will be paid on return after the final report is delivered and has been approved.
What to do after your return to Norway?
The final report should be filled inn electonically and sent by e-mail to Anna Lewandowska-Sabat (NMBU Research Support Office) within one month after your return to Norway. The e-mail subject field must be the following text: "Final report – International travel grant: PhD-candidates and Postdoctoral fellows in NMBU’s recruitment positions and Residents – budget year 2020".
Final disbursement form:
The final disbursement form and original receipts must be physically sent to Kirsten Ranheim Berg (Finance Department) within one month after your return to Norway.