Research data must be of a quality that enables them to be refound and reused. The concept entails further that both data and metadata must be enabled for mechanical handling and that consistent vocabulary is used.
Read more about the The international FAIR principles here.
Metadata serves to define or describe other data.
- Library of Congress
- UK Data Service
- PRONOM - UK National Archive
- DANS - Data Archiving and Networked Services
- OpenAir guidelines for Data Archives
- MeSH (Medical Subject Headings) is the US National Library of Medicine controlled vocabulary thesaurus used for indexing articles for PubMed
- Ontology Lookup Service
- Living Atlases - An open community created around the Atlas of Living Australia platform
Norwegian webpages within specific research fields:
- DMP Wizard from ELIXIR https://ds-wizard.org/
- Living Norway - Ecological Data Network
- DataverseNO - forskningsdataarkiv
- GBIF.no is the Norwegian participant node in the Global Biodiversity Information Facility (GBIF)