In this course you will learn about safe handling of research data and development of Data Management Plans. EU and the Research Council of Norway requires you to deliver a Data Management Plans for projects that they are funding. Should you require specific knowledge on how to handle research data that involves personal information you will need to register to the course that has been set up for one whole day.
Master students, PhD candidates, postdoctoral fellows, researchers, Associate Professors, Professors, research administration, library, IT and other.
Two courses will be conducted on the 27 October, and the duration for each course is 3 hours (one in English and one in Norwegian language).
Participation will be with physical presence or by digital means. A link will be sent out to all registered participants 2 days ahead.
- Basic knowledge about data management, incl. storage, archiving and sharing/ reuse of data
- Short introduction on privacy in research and handling personal sensitive data
- To know how to find and fill in a Data Management Plan
- To know how to guide others to fill in a Data Management Plan
- To know how to find and make use of storage and archive services, both National and international.
- To know how to find, usen and present knowledge about handling research data regulations
Lectures, practical exercises, experience exchange. Bring your own laptop.
Programme (3 hrs)
|Introduction to data management at NMBU: Solveig Fossum-Raunehaug, NMBU Research Support Office|
|60 min||Lecture: Data management and Data Management Plans. What is it and "what’s in it for me"?: Gry Henriksen, NSD|
Intruduction to NSDs Data Management Plan (DMP+): Gry Henriksen, NSD
Practical group tasks related to data managementand handling personal data: Gry Henriksen, NSD