The UMB management wishes to inform all employees and students of the university's plans for follow-up after the events.
What has been done?
Immediately after the incident there was an intranet bulletin with information from UMB`s rector and director.
Saturday 23 July and Sunday July 24 UMB had the flag at half-mast from the Clock building.
Monday 8 August, the international students were welcomed by the rector in the banqueting hall (Festsalen). The new international students were informed about the incident in Norway on 22 July.
What happens next?
On 21 August there will be a national commemoration. Until this date the following will happen at the university.
· UMB has also established a separate room with candles and flowers. This room can be used for a quiet moment by students and employees. The room is in the "TF-building" connected to the area where the access cards are issued.
· A separate condolence protocol will be available after lunch on Monday 8 August. The protocol can be used by both staff and students and it will be available at the following locations and dates:
· 08 - 12 August in the red room in the Economics building (by the cafeteria)
· 13 - 14 August in the TF-building
· 15 - 22 August in the red room in the Economics building (by the cafeteria)
· After 22 August the condolence protocol will be filed at UMB.
A copy will be forwarded to the Ministry of Education and Research.
· In addition, there will be a commemoration under the barbecue for new students on Saturday 13 August at Pentagon. The Minister of Research and Higher Education, Tora Aasland, might be present.
· On Saturday 13 August and Sunday 14 August, our first-year students will arrive.
· The start of the August block is Monday 15 August.
· From Monday 15 August to Friday 19 August, the UMB departments will have their own commemoration when the students arrive.
· UMB conducts matriculation on September 9th.
Do you have any questions?
Please contact UMBs personell director, Per Anders Authen on phone, extension 59 72