The current research focus of this cluster is in Africa, Asia and the Balkans. The group has extensive research collaboration with universities and research institutes in collaborating countries.
CC-AD's research is typically interdisiplinary, drawing on our comptence within the fields of soil science, agroecology, plant genetics, livestock, economics, policies and social change.
The research areas the cluster focusses on are:
- Adaptation and mitigation of climate change in rural areas
- Livelihood security of rural households
- Improved farming methods
- Management of agricultural biodiversity
- Agricultural policies and trade
- Environmental impacts of agricultural production