The conference takes place in Oxford, on 3-4 October 2017 and registration is now open.
Specific topics include questions about how guidelines should meet the challenges of:
- Individual variation
- Complex illnesses
- Multiple diagnoses from common symptoms
- Investigating the mechanisms underlying the onset of illnesses
- Amalgamating evidence from the medical literature with patient’s narrative
- Moving beyond the empirical ideal of value neutrality in medical research
- Integrating a whole-person, patient-centered view in evidence-based health care
- Finding the space for experts and patients ‘implicit knowledge’
We aim to reach a wide, interdisciplinary audience of medical researchers, practitioners, guideline developers, philosophers of medicine, communicators and patients.
The program is available on the CauseHealth webpage.