Current research activities
- Structure-function studies of biomass-converting enzymes and their accessory proteins and domains.
- Applied enzymology for converting biomass to useful products; biorefining.
- Biomass-degrading microbial communities; enzyme discovery.
- Gene expression systems, protein secretion and surface proteomics in lactic acid bacteria.
We aim at combining high-level basic research with applied studies and innovation. We are currently funded by NMBU, The Research Council of Norway (NFR), EU, Industry, Vista, Norden, ERC (starting grant to group member Pope).
Group size, 2016: 1 additional Professor, 2 Ass. Professors, 1 ERC fellow, 18 Scientists with PhD (of wich 10 post-docs), 16 Ph.D. students, 4 engineers, 4-5 masterstudents, 2-5 guests.
- Microbial communities and enzyme discovery
- Fundamental enzyme work and enzyme develoipment
- Applied enzymology
- Fermentation technologies (yeast and biogas)
- LAB-based vaccines