Viser emneinfo for studieåret 2020 - 2021.
Medvirkende: Lars Kåre Grimsby
Ansvarlig fakultet: Fakultet for landskap og samfunn
Frekvens: Annually in January block.
Undervises på språk: EN
Begrensning antall plasser:
Undervises i periode:
Første gang: Studieår 2019-2020
Fortrinnsrett: <p>B-DS</p><p>Restricted to Noragric bachelor students. </p>
Undervises hvor?: Campus Ås
- Deconstructed (and revised) outline of prerequisite document (midterm)
- Evaluation of another participant¿s final paper (course end)
- Final assessment of paper based upon five-component rubric
- Ideas (critical thinking)
- Structure (organization)
- Style (clarity, cohesion, concision)
- Citation & References (APA format)
- Mechanics (APA format)
- Establish an understanding of expected structure and style in academic writing
- Provide metrics to measure improvement in scholastic skills
- Expected development:
- Structured ideas: claims based upon reasons, supported with solid evidence
- Organizational skills, including time management
- Strengthen research-based writing: citing and referencing to avoid plagiarism
- Three assessments of final paper (via rubric) by:
- Lecturer or course responsible
- Peer-review of another student¿s document
Lectures and peer-review.
Teachers are available at the workshops and through Canvas.
Will be published once the course starts.
Prerequisite:Students are required to bring an essay written from a previous class
An original document of academic writing (e.g., term paper or take-home exam)
Attend 80% of the lectures, complete assigned exercises, and participate in peer-review.
Continuous exam: Bestått / Ikke bestått (Pass/fail)
An external examiner is involved in the final evaluation.
LNG240 10 ECTS
Lecture 09:15 – 11:00 (pre-recorded but also possible to watch in classroom)
Seminar, writing exercises and peer review 12:15 – 14:00 *
Re-writing (based on peer review) 14:15 – 15:00 *
*Afternoon activities will only take place on January 6, 7, 12, 14, 18 and 19.